Terms: School Bus Driver/Monitor - Elgin County
Start Date: ASAP
Location: St Thomas, Rodney, Aylmer
Voyageur Transportation is looking for a School Bus Driver/Monitor in St Thomas. This position is on-call and casual. Previous experience is not necessary but an asset.
Candidates should ideally demonstrate the following:
- Posses a B, C, E, or F license.
- Applicants with a G class license may be considered but must upgrade to an E class license. (Training provided)
- Posses clean drivers abstract and obtain a recent copy for a driver file.
- Display safe and defensive driving techniques.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Have a sound knowledge of the City of Elgin County and surrounding areas.
This position includes the following duties:
- Transportation of school aged individuals
- Properly complete Hours of Service paperwork
- Be able to maintain a strict schedule by arriving at designated locations on time
To be considered for the position candidates are required to live in the area of St Thomas.
Here are a few key points about Voyageur Transportation to remember:
- Weekend, holiday and summer work is not required but available to interested drivers through our Charters division
- All G licenced drivers will receive licence upgrading and training from our in house trainers.
- As a Voyageur driver you are able to start and stop your route at home, as our drivers can park their school bus at home.
- You may take your children with you on the bus! (based on sufficient seating)
- Voyageur prides itself on its family-run tradition and culture, our social committee organizes several social events throughout the year for our staff and their families and we welcome all our drivers to join us at barbeques during the summer and breakfast meetings in the school year.
- With several other divisions such as Luxury Charters, Non Emergency Patient Transfer, Paratransit and Taxi/Limousine the career opportunities with Voyageur are limitless!
Voyageur Transportation is committed to provide accommodation for individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Accommodations are available upon request of the internal or external applicant. If you require an accommodation due to a disability for an interview, please notify Human Resources directly to make appropriate arrangements when contacted for an interview.
By Fax: 519-455-4402
By Email: email@example.com
› View All